The current WBO International lightweight champion Denis Berinchyk (16-0, 9 KOs) shared his expectations from the fight against Ivan Mendy (47-5-1, 22 KOs).
– How do you feel here in London, where you won the silver medal at the Olympics?
– This is the place of my former glory, 10 years have passed. I am very pleased to be here and to be at such an event.
– We saw Lomachenko here as a professional, we saw Usyk as a professional, but we haven’t seen Berinchyk yet. What is he?
– He has a record of 17-0 and he came for a new belt. You will see real Ukrainian boxing.
– What do you think of Ivan Menda?
First of all, he is a very experienced fighter. And he has a very good appearance.
What does winning here mean to you?
“The fight will be watched by my whole extended family and our Ukraine, which is why it is so important for my country to inspire people,” said Berinchyk.
The fight will take place on December 3 in London. The fight between Berinchyk and Mendy is included in the undercard of the meeting between WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury and Derek Chisora.
#London #place #glory