Today, Ukrainian biathlete Anton Dudchenko became 39th in the pursuit race at the World Cup stage in Holmenkollen. For him, this race was the last of the season. Dudchenko summed up the season:
– Anton, probably, before the start of the season, you set specific goals for yourself. What worked for you, and what didn’t, according to your own feelings?
– To be honest, I expected a slightly better result before the season, looking at the progress that was in the summer. But we saw that this year there was a big loss in distance – I’m not happy with that. And I am pleased that I managed to shoot faster, because last year I lost a lot in prone.
– What are you planning to work on in preparation for the new season, what should you focus on?
– I would like to work on the skiing, because the loss is quite big. I would also like to work on shooting to increase the percentage of accuracy.
– Watching your performances in Holmenkolen, I got the impression that you were very tired.
– Yes, I feel very tired in Holmenkolen, especially in the sprint. Today I felt a little better, but we made a mistake before the race in choosing skis. Therefore, there were problems with this during the race. However, we managed to shoot cleanly – four zeros.
– Please tell us about your plans for a break before the start of preparations for the new season.
– I don’t plan anything like that, I would like to go home to my parents. Spend some time with them. And then start preparing for the new season already.
#year #big #loss #distance